Screens allow you to assemble your app in an extremely flexible and simple way. Almost every screen your app users see in the app can be designed and configured by you. This allows for full control over the user experience.
There are a number of Screen types to choose from. Each type provides the template for a specific user experience.
The types available currently are:
Form screen/Data Entry Form
This allows you to build data capture screens by using a drag and drop designer to create the pages for your Form. On each page you can add various data capture field types. Examples of fields types are text, number, GPS, photo, signature, checklist and more.
List of Data screen
Provides a list display of rows from a specified Data Source. This is useful for when you want to provide your users with quick lists. Lists can be of products, contacts, tickets and pretty much anything else you can think of. Data Sources can be connected to external systems so you can feature rows from other systems in your app.
One of the most flexible options. This Screen type allows you to display the specifics of a selected row from a Listing screen. Or, you can display a static set of information such as a menu.
Board of Icons screen
This screen type allows you to create your own custom icon layouts as a replacement start screen of your app, or as drill down screens that provide the icons for a specific module or function of your app.
Map a Data Source screen
This screen type provides you with the ability to display data as map pins on a full-screen map.
When you go to Apps -> Screens on the side navigation menu, you will enter the Screens list page.
This shows all Screens that are currently active. Filter by screen type using the drop down provided or by name when using the Search box. By default, any Archived Screens will not show; however, you can display these by checking the Show Archived box.
To create a new Screen, use the “add new” option available in the options bar.
Creating a new Screen
Creating a Screen is easy:
- Choose your Screen type.
- If this is your first time using the system, we suggest you start with a Form screen/Data Entry Form.
- Enter a name for the Screen.
- This is the default name that will be shown to app users.
- Choose an icon to display to app users.
- This helps with quickly identifying your Screen to your users in the field.
- Bind to a Data Source (can be optional)
- Binding to a Data Source will automatically generate fields for you based on the columns found, giving you a quick way to get started with a new Screen.
- Some Screens require that you bind to a Data Source - for example, Listing/List of Data screens must be bound to a Data Source in order to display rows.