On occasion, we get requests from users who had accidentally deleted items from their account and were then struggling to recover their deleted work. To address this, we've created the "Trash" feature which will now contain these deleted items.
Items are stored in Trash for a period of time set in Organization Setup (see image below), after which they are permanently deleted. Trash items can be permanently erased from the Trash menu before the this period elapses as well.
The TRASH button can be found in the following places:
- The setting pages of Screens
- The setting pages of Data Sources
- The settings page of any Tasks & Task Templates
- The details page of Recurring Tasks
- The details page of any Docs uploaded to Files & Docs
- The popup that appears when clicking the MANAGE DATA button on the Table View page under Data Entries.
- The popup that appears when clicking on the Folder Settings icon next to a Folder
When deleting a screen, any data sources or linked data template documents will be moved to Trash.
Trash is accessed via the Settings menu option:
To restore from Trash, select the items that you want to restore. Then click on the the "MANAGE" button at the top right-hand side of the screen:
You can either opt to permanently delete the selected items or restore them.
Alternatively, hover over individual Trash items and the select restore or delete links below the item.
Restoring a Form will also restore both any linked data sources. The full version history will also be restored, and the form will go back to the original folder from which it was deleted.
It's important to be diligent with your file naming as the restored file will have the same name as it had previously. This could potentially cause confusion with any replacements you may have created in the interim with the same name.