NOTE: Google Cloud Platform connections are only available on Premium accounts.
To add a Google Cloud Platform Connection, go to the Connections page which is accessible via Menu -> Connected Data -> Connections. You must be an Administrator-level user to see this option.
- Click the ADD CONNECTION button on the top right of the page to add a new connection. This will bring up a list of connections from which you can choose.
- Click on Google Cloud Platform.
- Add your Account Key File to be uploaded by clicking on the Select New button and navigating to the file location.
- Add the Service Account Email and Password to be used to authenticate the Service Account Key File.
- Click the SAVE button on the top right of the page to store your configuration.
NOTE: You need to create a Google Service Account in GCP before adding the Google Cloud Platform Connection.
Creating a service account:
- In the top-left corner of the GCP console, click Menu .
- Click IAM & Admin Service accounts.
- Click Create Service Account and in the Service account name field, enter a name for the service account.
- (Optional) Enter a description of the service account.
- Click Create.
- Assign the desired roles to the new account.
- Click Continue Create Key.
- Ensure the key type is set to P12 and click Create.
You'll see a message that the service account P12 file has been downloaded to your computer.
Take note of the File Password that's linked to the generated P12 file.
- Click Close Done.
- Click Save.