Creating a Folder is easy: click the NEW FOLDER link found in any of the Screens, Docs or Data Sources pages.
In the Create Folder popup:
- Enter a name for the Folder. This name will display in the Folders list, so try to make it descriptive.
- If you wish to restrict user access to this Folder, tick the "Restrict User Access" box. Otherwise, you're done - just click the Create button!
NOTE when restricting user access:
- If you have any User Groups registered in the system, then you will also see a Restrict To Group field. If you select a specific group to which to restrict the Folder, then only web users in that group will be able to view and access the Folder and its contents on the web dashboard. Note that this only affects users granted permissions to sign into the web site; see this article for more on this.
- You can also choose specific app users to have access to the folder and contents. This permission is granted in addition to any user group restriction you apply (see above). Simply choose to add the app users you wish to whom to assign the folder. All selected app users will automatically receive access to the contents of the folder once you save it.
NOTE that if any folders have restricted access enabled, all screens must be placed into folders to be visible to app users. Any folders without users/groups added will have their contents hidden from view.
- Hit the Create button to create the Folder.