A Premium connector for direct connection to Microsoft SQL Server. Our platform enables you to quickly and easily connect your Form Entries to a SQL Server database. This enables a one-way synchronization to occur - where any Form Entries are pushed to tables in a SQL database.
Before you add a SQL Connector, you must ensure that you have a valid SQL Server Connection set up on your organization.
Adding a SQL Connector to your Form
The Form Connectors page can be accessed from your Form designer, settings or from the Screens listing if you mouse over the Form row in question.
Once you are in the Connectors page, setting up a SQL Connector is easy:
1. Click on the "ADD CONNECTOR" button to see a list of the available Connectors. Then click the SQL Server option.
This will refresh the page and display your Connector, ready for configuration. Add your Table Name and any other options you require.
Note: At this stage nothing has been saved - you must click the Save button to save your Connector after you've finished setting it up.
- Table Name: Specify the database table that will receive entry data for this Form.
If this is left blank, a default table name will be generated using the Form External ID.
- Auto Maintain Table: When enabled, the target database table will be created and maintained by our platform.
This is a recommended setting, as columns will be automatically added/altered as the Form design changes between versions.
- Replace Placeholders with Display Text: By default, placeholders will be replaced with the raw answer value from the form entry. For example, date values are stored as UTC time in ISO 8601 raw format (e.g., 2015-10-23T15:05:07Z). Select this option if you wish to replace with user-displayed text instead (e.g., 23-Oct-2015 05:05:07, assuming your time zone is UTC-10).
- Fill Repeat Rows: Repeated data (e.g., repeatable pages and table rows) will be exported as separate rows. When this option is selected, all non-repeat answer values are copied down into each repeat row. This can be useful for cases where other systems are importing these rows, and those systems need to process all answer values on every repeated row.
If you wish to instead have NULL values for non-repeat answers in repeat rows, deselect this option.
The following are NOT affected by this option:
- ENTRYGUID, ENTRYGUIDFULL, ITEMNO and UTCNOW
- Fields that appear within a table or repeating page
- Formulae that reference a repeating field
Anonymize Personal Data: If enabled, data from fields marked as Personal Data will be converted to a nonhuman-readable format to aid privacy.
At this stage, your Connector is ready to go.
Hit the SAVE button to save your changes and activate the Connector.