Should your Windows app shortcut stop working after installing an app update, you can normally fix this in one of two ways:
a.) Uninstall your current version and then download and reinstall the latest version. You can find the latest app version's download link on the Dashboard page of our web portal.
NOTE: This approach will permanently delete any in-progress Form entries on your device.
b.) Edit your existing app shortcut to fix the broken link.
Due to certain Windows configurations, sometimes the existing app shortcut is not properly updated to point at the correct app executable location. You can fix this by following these steps:
- Right-click on the shortcut and click “Properties”
- In the box labelled “Target,” look for the text “_ExecutionStub” and remove it (if it exists).
- While still in the Target field, remove all text starting at "Update.exe" to the start of the "FormsOnFire.exe" text.
- Click the Apply and then the OK button, which will close the dialog window.
- Your shortcut should now be working again
If this does not work, then option a.) will be your best option.