Answered

Unable to delete rows in table

I am unable to delete rows added to a table on the app. The red cross icon does not appear. Other tables in this part of the form allow this, but there is no visible difference in settings including the ‘prevent deletion of rows’ setting which is not ticked on any form.

Is there something else that could be causing this issue?

• Hi Geoff,

Did you check the "Prevent Deletion of Rows" option in the Validation & Behavior section of the control in the bottom-right corner?

-Support

• I tried to make this clear in my original post - it is not checked, exactly as your screenshot. That's what puzzles me!

• Geoff, I have the problem was well.

Additionally, I can expand the table, cancel out, and I have a blank row visible.

• I got it to work. I was about to ask for an update, as I could not delete. Now I can.
    So far, I can not reproduce, I dont want to burn more time on this.
  • Just an update - Forms on Fire support have helpfully pointed out that this was caused in my case by the minimum number of rows being set to 1. Hence when a row is started it can't be deleted because it's the minimum requirement. I had forgotten this was set as I'd been testing it some time ago to try to make it required to add a row to the table (which it doesn't do). Removing the minimum row setting allowed rows to be deleted as expected.

• Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the update.

You mentioned not being able to make a table required. One way to force this is to have a numeric field that is read-only and required added just below the table with a message to the user that the table is required to have x number of rows. Set the dynamic value of this field to COUNT the rows. Then simply set the visibility to show until x is satisfied.

-Support

• We are looking at a possible work item where minimums will be enforced without the field outside the table. Stay tuned for future updates! :)

Login or Signup to post a comment