Answered

How do I get our forms to work on platform and app?

My company has many forms.  Do we just upload these forms into the platform and then they work in the app?  How does this all work?  Thanks.

• Hi Janice,

The fact that you already have Word templates, you're halfway through the project.

First, you'll need to design a screen form. You can find more details on how to build one in this article and can get inspiration from the published forms that are available in the "Examples Catalog."

To have an understanding of how the form feels and looks, you can test it by using the app on your phone or tablet.

Once the screen form's built, you insert placeholders into the Word template. Placeholders are the unique data name of each field, wrapped in curly braces – e.g., {{dataname}}. Here's a very informative and detailed article about templates and placeholders: https://support.formsonfire.com/support/solutions/articles/36000042517-word-templates.

In the end, you upload the Word template file to your screen form, followed by a test to see if the result looks as wanted. 

I hope this will help.

1 person likes this
  • Hi Gabriela,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  This is very helpful and thorough.

Janice

• Wonderful. I’m glad you found it useful!  

Login or Signup to post a comment