When you click the “users” link from the "My Account" menu, you will be taken to the User list page. This shows all Users that are currently active. You can sort the Users and also filter using the Search box. By default, any Inactive Users will not show, but you can display these by checking the Show Inactive box.
To see the app activity of Users, click the “mobile activity logs” link in the options bar.
To create a new User, use the “add new” option available in the options bar.
Creating a new User
- Enter a first name and last name for the person.
- Enter an email address for the User.
This needs to be a valid email address that the user can access.
- External Id is an optional field that lets you enter an identifier for the person from your other systems – e.g. your payroll or human resources system.
The External Id can be included when exporting data that the User has been involved in, such as Form entries.
- Decide whether this user should have secure website access.
If so, tick the "User can access website" box - a list of access permission will then show.
Select the areas of the website that the User can access, and also assign a role to the User:
- Administrator gives the user full administration control in the website.
- Full Access provides the ability to create new items such as Forms but does not give the web user access to the Administration areas (e.g. Organization Setup, Users, User Groups).
- A Read Only web user can view all data and items but does not have the ability to create new items.
- If you are using Groups, then you can assign the web user to one or more Groups as desired.
Add additional information about a user by specifying key/value pairs. These values can be accessed across the platform by using the USERMETA('key') formula function.
For an hourly employee, you might use the following:
Key: Pay Type
For a salaried employee, you might use the following:
Key: Pay Type
USERMETA('Pay Type') will return either 'Salary' or 'Hourly' depending upon what is associated with that user.